Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I'm going to see The Force Awakens tonight

I know nothing about Star Wars. Well I know someone is Luke's father, and that is important. There are lightsabers, and the red ones are evil. And I think someone shoots electricity from their fingertips? Oh, and there are space Nazis, a truly tragic bikini that fanboys go nuts over (if that episode of Friends is to be believed). And some prequels that everyone is upset about (confession, I can never tell which clips are from the sequel when I see Star Wars clips).

Anyway, RottenTomatoes is pretty excited about this movie, but many of the reviews get a little . . . weird from a non Star Wars fan perspective. Like, it's almost like I'm reading a review of The Passion of the Christ from a devout Christian. I'm left wonder if I'll enjoy this movie considering I'm not entirely sure if Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader or not, though I think that was the point of those much-hated prequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment