Sunday, September 11, 2016

Fire Emblem play-through number I lost count

I'd planned to go to the hospital to get some work done today, but I forgot it's 9/11 and I live close enough to NYC that I saw the towers fall from my seventh grade English class. It appears there's going to be some march or parade today, and the main road to the hospital is closed. I could've gone via an alternate route, but traffic is about to get horrid, so I just went back to my basement. Since I don't have the equipment necessary in said basement, I grabbed for my DS and opened up another file for Fire Emblem: Fates.

I could've chosen to play either the Nohr or Hoshido route, especially since my DS thinks I haven't played either since this debacle, but the truth is that both those routes are depressing as hell. I like the royal siblings, and don't want to see any of them die. So back to Revelations it is, even though I won't have enough room to get everyone married without significant grinding. I've said it before (probably), but this game would have been so much better if instead of the multiple routes gimmick, they had just created one long, integrated story line.

I chose to play as male Corrin because I didn't like the voice acting for female Corrin. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten how much I dislike this particular voice:

It's the breathyness that gets me

I'll keep updates on the dumb pairings I select this time.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment